index on an int8 column

From: Sarah Officer <officers(at)aries(dot)tucson(dot)saic(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: index on an int8 column
Date: 1999-05-04 22:34:39
Lists: pgsql-general

I have a table with a column of type int8. When I try to create an
index on it, the
database protests and gives the following error message:

ERROR: Can't find a default operator class for type 20.

Is there an easy fix for this? I assumed builtin numeric types would
have
default comparison functions.

Also, if I am not posting to the appropriate mailing list, please let me
know.

Thanks in advance,

Sarah Officer
officers(at)aries(dot)tucson(dot)saic(dot)com