Re: Further SPI

From: "Jonah H(dot) Harris" <jonah(dot)harris(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org, "Greg Sabino Mullane" <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Further SPI
Date: 2006-04-08 23:19:12
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-www

On 4/8/06, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:
> Paypal was previously used in an attempt to commit
> fraud against SPI, so it will not be accepted under
> any circumstances.

I must've missed that. I have issues with PayPal at times too, but
overall they have been pretty good. Sucks that we can't use them.

> I'm very dubious about the claim that people will be willing to donate
> via Paypal who won't donate via Click-and-Pledge.

I pretty much agree. In some cases it's a case of convenience; they
already have PayPal account so it's easier for them. However, if
someone really wants to donate, they're going to fill out a simple
form... it's not that difficult.

--
Jonah H. Harris, Database Internals Architect
EnterpriseDB Corporation