Re: making me love pgAdmin III

From: George Weaver <gweaver(at)shaw(dot)ca>
To: Eric Hill <Eric(dot)Hill(at)jmp(dot)com>, "pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: making me love pgAdmin III
Date: 2017-05-19 15:30:32
Lists: pgadmin-support

> I seriously may go back to PostgreSQL 9.3 so that I can use pgAdmin
III until I can wean myself off the tool.

I've been using pgAdmin III V1.22 without issue on PostgreSQL 9.6 on
several Windows OS's (7, 10, Server 2011, 2012).

I download every version of pgAdmin 4, have a look, and then continue
with pgAdmin III. I will do so until the speed and feature set of
pgAdmin 4 comes close to pgAdmin III...

I'm a software developer and "keyboarder", and minimize using a mouse.
In addition to the features lacking mentioned by others, I miss the
ability to navigate the browser tree by typing a letter, or using the
context menu (shift + F10) without having to use a mouse. And when you
open the context menu using the mouse you can't use letters to select an
option - has to be done with the mouse. And, if you open the context
menu with the mouse, you can't close it with the Esc key. Menu items
can't be accessed from the keyboard either. Everything has to be done
using a mouse. Too awkward.

George