Re: [HACKERS] Bug on complex subselect (was: Bug on complex join)

From: Thomas Reinke <reinke(at)e-softinc(dot)com>
To: hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Bug on complex subselect (was: Bug on complex join)
Date: 1999-03-10 21:09:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-sql

Forgive what may be a dumb question. When I subscribed to this group,
instructions for unsubscribing where as indicated in the excerpt below:

>--

>you can send mail to <Majordomo(at)hub(dot)org> with the following
>command in the body of your email message:
>
> unsubscribe pgsql-hackers
>
>or from another account, besides reinke(at)e-softinc(dot)com:
>
> unsubscribe pgsql-hackers reinke(at)e-softinc(dot)com

This doesn't work. The response was

**** unsubscribe: unknown list 'psql-hackers'.
**** Help for Majordomo(at)hub(dot)org:

So I read the instructions on the PostGresQL page
for the hackers mailing list, and it says

"To subscribe or unsubscribe from the list, send mail to
pgsql-hackers-request(at)postgresql(dot)org(dot) The body of the message
should
contain the single line "subscribe" or "unsubscribe".

When I do this, I get

<psql-hackers-request(at)postgresql(dot)org>

... while talking to postgresql.org.:
>>> RCPT To:<psql-hackers-request(at)postgresql(dot)org>
<<< 550 <psql-hackers-request(at)postgresql(dot)org>... User unknown
550 <psql-hackers-request(at)postgresql(dot)org>... User unknown

Not to be ungrateful or anything, but I would like to get myself off
this
list. (I don't have time to filter through 50-100 messages/day).

Any suggestions on how I get myself off the list? (Perhaps it is
worthwhile
either updating the instructions on your website, or including an
_up_to_date_
copy in the signatures being sent out on the list?)

Thomas