Re: [INTERFACES] I can't use pgaccess !!

From: Constantin Teodorescu <teo(at)flex(dot)ro>
To: Laurent TASTET <laurent(at)internet-montblanc(dot)fr>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] I can't use pgaccess !!
Date: 1999-03-08 17:37:26
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Laurent TASTET wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've dowloaded pgaccess 0.95, and I'm working with postgresql 6.3.2
> I applied the patch, as described on the web site , but when I launch
> pgaccess (wish -f pgaccess.tcl, I get an error message :
>
> " Error : function Pg_get_viewdef(name) does not exist !" and I can't
> use anything !

0.95 uses a mechanism of detecting tables from views that doesn't work
in 6.3.x
A better sollution is to upgrade your PostgreSQL to 6.4.2

If not , you should make a change in PgAccess in the procedure that
loads tables.

search "proc {cmd_Views}"

and replace code in loop wpg_select with :

wpg_select $dbc "select relname from pg_class where (relname !~ '^pg_')
and (relkind='r') and (rel
hasrules) order by relname" rec {
.dw.lb insert end $rec(relname)
}