Re: [SQL] Correction - not crash

From: "G(dot) Anthony Reina" <reina(at)nsi(dot)edu>
To: Tim Perdue <perdue(at)raccoon(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: [SQL] Correction - not crash
Date: 1999-03-04 15:11:58
Lists: pgsql-sql

Tim,

It sounds like one of your table indicies became corrupted. I had a
similar thing happen to me before. To test this, try vacuuming each
table separately (i.e. 'vacuum verbose analyze tablename'). If each
table vacuums separately, then it is a problem with the main index (the
table of tables). In this case, you'll probably have to pg_dump and
restore the database (or possibly first try to drop the indicies and
re-create them).

-Tony