Re: [HACKERS] parser enhancement request for 6.5

From: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Michael Davis <michael(dot)davis(at)prevuenet(dot)com>
Cc: hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] parser enhancement request for 6.5
Date: 1999-03-04 02:41:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I have a problem with Access97 not working properly when entering new
> records using a sub form, i.e. entering a new order/orderlines or
> master and detail tables. The problem is caused by a SQL statement
> that Access97 makes involving NULL. The syntax that fails is
> "column_name" = NULL. The following attachment was provided by
> -Jose'-. It contains a very small enhancement to gram.y that will
> allow Access97 to work properly with sub forms. Can this enhancement
> be added to release 6.5?

I recall discussing this earlier, and after the obligatory objection
that this is non-standard (a la everything M$) it should be OK to do it.
I could have sworn that I'd made this fix, but can't see it in current
sources and can't see any evidence that it ever was :(

Will enable this for v6.5, with the proviso that it is fair game for
removal if it ever conflicts with other SQL parsing needs.

- Tom