Re: Subject: Re: [GENERAL] A book for PgSQL? A need? yes? no?

From: Clark Evans <clark(dot)evans(at)manhattanproject(dot)com>
To: Stephan Doliov <statsol(at)statsol(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: Subject: Re: [GENERAL] A book for PgSQL? A need? yes? no?
Date: 1999-02-12 18:09:20
Lists: pgsql-general

Stephan Doliov wrote:
> The efforts of the docs teams has been tremendous and valuable beyond
> description. The existing docs are the right place to start. It's
> certainly worth it however to expand some sections, create new ones, and
> edit existing ones. From my point of view, the docs give one most all the
> information one needs to work postgres/have postgres work for one, but
> they are not to the point yet where spending several days with them makes
> one feel comfortable using the postgres system. It's kind of like a user
> interface issue. The docs aren't super friendly yet.

Perhaps a "professional writer" is needed. If people put up
advertisements at your local college, perhaps a few english
majors (*very* valueable people) would be interested in
helping out with the documentation. It would look good
on their resume and would get them "published".

On a side note, you could also advertise for Jouralism
majors to put out a monthly PostgreSQL newsletter!

Thoughts?

Clark