Re: alloca (was: Postgres Speed or lack thereof)

From: Goran Thyni <goran(at)kirra(dot)net>
To: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: alloca (was: Postgres Speed or lack thereof)
Date: 1999-01-26 16:39:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> Make you a deal...
>
> You build the code such that "#ifdef HAVE_ALLOCA" is true, so that those
> platforms that either don't support it, or have broken suport for it,
> aren't affect, and you are most welcome to work on it...

Yeah right, I should keep my mouth shut. :-)

It is a big job, starting getting with getting profiling working on
my box, analyzing lots of code and then come up with some optimations.

We can start with the patch below to detect alloca() in autoconf.

best regards,
--
Göran Thyni

Attachment Content-Type Size