MySQL vulnerability

From: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Postgres Hackers List <hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: MySQL vulnerability
Date: 1999-01-23 03:00:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I found this item on a list of security vulnerabilities:

mysql(1114) Remote stack overflow, create world-writable root-owned
files

(Port 1114 is mysql's listening port). I guess Postgres doesn't have a
vulnerability for root ownership since nothing we do is run under the
root account, right?

Are we vulnerable to stack or buffer overflows with our on the wire
protocol?

- Tom