Command line editing w/readline solved.

From: Russ Welti <rwelti(at)u(dot)washington(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Command line editing w/readline solved.
Date: 1999-01-23 02:30:10
Lists: pgsql-general

Wouldn't you know it?

Even though I spent 3 hours trying to solve this myself
before generating a question to the list, I then finally
got a solution by myself.

Scanning my configure files I was able to deduce that
configure was not finding my history and readline files.
Why? because I used the default suggested install
locations for the readline/history libraries, which apparently
was /usr/local/lib, and configure was not searching there.
Once moved into /usr/lib and /usr/include everything on
Solaris works fine and same as on Linux.

Thanks for considering this and I hope I got this out
in time to prevent anyone answering!

Russ Welti