Binary anding

From: Trever Adams <highlander(at)teleteam(dot)net>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Binary anding
Date: 1998-12-29 00:07:44
Lists: pgsql-sql

Is it possible to do anding for a where in a select statement? Here is
what I want to do in a hybrid C/SQL statement.

select * from somesuchtable where mask&someothermask;

I just want at least one bit set after that anding of the masks. If it
is, I want that item. (Note I will actually be using negating wheres as
well so that not all that fit the above will be retrieved.)

Is this possible?

Please let me know asap.
Trever