is postmaster running error?

From: Francesco Fortugno <fortugno(at)elecomm(dot)net>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: is postmaster running error?
Date: 1998-12-14 20:55:36
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi there,

I'm having an error when I try and connect to the database through the
browser.
The error:
error: connectDB() failed: Is the postmaster running at
'spanky.elecomm.net' on port '5432'?

The situation was that I tried to upgrade to postgres6.4
and I reverted back to using 6.2
I can't seem to figure why I'm getting this error. I can start
postmaster with out any error. Use pgsql and do queries on that
database, but I can't seem to connect.

Can someone please guide me to where to look and which files?
Thanks
frank.

--
EleComm InterLink Corporation http://www.elecomm.net