Postgres & Java [client/server]

From: Dmitry Iv Popov <mitlas(at)auricvision(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Postgres & Java [client/server]
Date: 1998-12-04 14:26:21
Lists: pgsql-general

Greetings,

great thanks to Paco, Ulf Mehlig and Peter Mount! It works!!! ;)

And are there any people which have experience in Java applet
internationalization/localization for Western Europe countries
(such Russia, Ukrain, etc.)? Sorry for offtopic, but I can't
find the solution nowhere. Strings that I get from PostgreSQL
are in windows-1251 encoding, but when I serilize them and
after transfer through Inet appending to TextArea in my applet,
they shows in Arial font (not Arial Cyr!). What can I do with
it?

Russian sentenses written directly in code of the applet show
properly (in TextArea, on Buttons, Labels, etc.).

One more time great thanks for help!

--
BEST WISHES, Mitlas
Webmaster, Auric Vision Ltd.