Re: Slow or Cannot Connect to PostgreSQL Instance Service on Windows 10

From: Surya Widyanto <ayrus02(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Slow or Cannot Connect to PostgreSQL Instance Service on Windows 10
Date: 2020-07-22 21:43:35
Lists: pgsql-general

On 23-07-2020 02:07, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> On 7/22/20 10:24 AM, Surya Widyanto wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have PostgreSQL v12.3 (x64) installed on my Laptop running Windows
>> 10 Home Single Language (64-bit).
>> In two or three times since I fresh install the PostgreSQL and
>> windows on 17-05-2020, 06:04:56 (GMT).
>> By two or three times I mean, if this slow connection problem happen,
>> than it wil occur in a view days in a row. Then it will return to
>> normal with fast login/connection process.
>>
>> I've try to restart the laptop, restart the service but nothing give
>> the sign to improve the slow login/connection process.
>>
>> I've also try to turn off the *log_hostname* config in
>> *postgresql.conf* and try to turn off the *Windows Firewall, Windows
>> Defender Real-Time Scanner* but nothing works to improve the slow
>> login connection.
>>
>> I've also try to check the Postgres Log file but not much error shows
>> in the log except for this error that appears a few time:
>> 2020-07-22 14:43:22.312 +00 [13740] LOG:  could not receive data from
>> client: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
>
> Is the database server you are connecting to on the laptop or some
> other machine?

The Database is on the same machine/laptop, I try to connect using
*localhost* and *127.0.0.1*, both have the same slow connection problem.
> Where is this Postgres log?

The path of the log is on
*<data_directory>\log\postgresql-%Y-%m-%d_%H%M%S.log*
Is there any config that I can change to get more verbose log
information to trace and debug the connection problem?