Appending arrays in a table

From: "G(dot) Anthony Reina" <reina(at)nsi(dot)edu>
To: reina(at)amethea(dot)nsi(dot)edu, "pgsql-questions(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-sql(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Appending arrays in a table
Date: 1998-08-19 16:58:31
Lists: pgsql-sql

Let's say I have a table foobar with an element data of type float4[]
array. If I insert 100 values of data into the float4 array, can I then
append an additional 50 values at the end of the original 100 value
float4[] array within the table? Is there anything like an UPDATE APPEND
statement?

Thanks.
-Tony Reina