Re: [HACKERS] Re: Quick cut at an autoconf tutorial

From: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Re: Quick cut at an autoconf tutorial
Date: 1998-08-17 04:46:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Actually, I just type 'info autoconf' on my machine(s) to read
> it...I don't use emacs myself, and don't find that 'info' requires
> fore-knowledge of it

I'm info-impaired. Never used it enough to remember how to traverse it,
and never managed to find what I needed without just running through the
entire document.

I'd like to learn emacs (I've got a new project using lisp) but haven't
found it useful yet. 15 years of vi is tough to break. I suppose I
should buy a book for it...

- Tom