concatenation of string literals

From: Kurt Seel <kseel(at)utcorp(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: concatenation of string literals
Date: 1998-07-17 15:27:31
Lists: pgsql-general

This works :
psql -c "select arcode || phnum from nccbor_member;"

But this doesn't
psql -c " select arcode || '-' || phnum from nccbor_member;"

It's an inconvience because I am doing mail merges in wordperfect
using postodbc, and I keep having to do things like put dashes in
phone numbers and such in wordperfect, is there another way to concat
string literals?

--
Kurt Seel, Systems Engineer
Unified Technologies Corp.

To send me email, remove the {anti-spam] from the above address.