Moving Databases

From: Jeffrey Napolitano <jnapoli(at)setech(dot)com>
To: General Questions for PostgreSQL <pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Moving Databases
Date: 1998-07-09 20:52:15
Lists: pgsql-general

I have two Postgresql databases - one on machine a, one on machine b.
Both are currently running. I want to put a copy of the database on a
onto machine b. I know I have to stop the postmaster (obviously) on
database b, but what else is there to do? Which directories do I have to
move (if that's what I have to do). Sorry - I know this is probably
simple, but I'm rushing to meet a deadline.

--
Jeffrey Napolitano
Lowly Intern