JDBC and ODBC

From: Jeffrey Napolitano <jnapoli(at)setech(dot)com>
To: General Questions for PostgreSQL <pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: JDBC and ODBC
Date: 1998-07-01 19:01:22
Lists: pgsql-general

I have data that I wish to read into PostgreSQL through Java. I was
wondering about the status of PostgreSQL's JDBC driver, and the
documentation about it (such as is there a driver for Category 1, 2, 3,
or 4). The only documentation I could find is on the PostgreSQL
website:

-----------
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/c47.htm

Chapter 47. JDBC Interface

There is a JDBC interface available for Postgres. It is documented
elsewhere using the accepted tool for Java-language code.

Is this all the documentation there is on PostgreSQL's JDBC drivers?? If
not, where is any other information?

Thanks much,

Jeffrey Napolitano
Software Emancipation Technologies