FOREIGN KEY ...

From: Pich LY <ly(at)esigetel(dot)fr>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: FOREIGN KEY ...
Date: 1998-06-18 16:57:09
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi there,

I'm a french student at ESIGETEL, a school engineer specialized in
Networks and Telecommunications.

Now, I've some trouble with my end year project. We are 4 students
working on an local Intranet using PostgreSQL as the database manager
(and Apache as the HTTP server).

The problem is insignifiant : how can you declare an attribute as a
foreign key ?
The tables we are focus on are :
CLIENT FACTURATION
------ -----------
(pkey) no_cli <--\ no_factu (pkey)
client \-- no_cli (foreign key)
adr_cli adr_livr
... ...

The query (in SQL language) used to declare the "FACTURATION" table is :
CREATE TABLE Facturation
(
no_factu INTEGER PRIMARY KEY,
no_cli INTEGER REFERENCES Client,
adr_livr VARCHAR(50),
);

We can also use :
CREATE TABLE Facturation
(
no_factu INTEGER PRIMARY KEY,
no_cli INTEGER,
adr_livr VARCHAR(50),
CONSTRAINT ct_factu REFERENCES (no_cli) FOREIGN KEY
Client (no_cli)
);

But it doesn't seems to work ! "psql" gives us the following message :
"NOTICE: CREATE TABLE/FOREIGN KEY clause ignored: not yet
implemented"
!!!

What's the right syntaxe ???

Thanks for the help...