public synonym

From: Eugene Yin <eugeneymail(at)ymail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: public synonym
Date: 2016-01-07 20:17:40
Lists: pgsql-sql

PostgreSQL ver 9.4.5.  Linux OS.Application:  Web Based
Platform:      App Server (java) --> jdbc call --> Database Server (PostgreSQL)

I do know that PostgreSQL does not support the public synonym.  Now, for a user schema (let's call it MASTER_USER), if I coded in the stored function/procedure like the following, without using a public synonym to identify the table name:
select user_name from user_info_table
then access it from the Java (web app) side via the JDBC call to the database, will that work?
OR,
I must use the identifier inside the sql, such as:
 select user_name from  MASTER_USER.user_info_table?

I come from the Oracle world, there I first create the public synonym for the table, then in the stored procedure I just directly reference the table with no need to identify the table with a schema name.  Like to know how it work under the PostgreSQL.

Thanks
Eugene