Money Data Type

From: Len Morgan <len-morgan(at)xroadstx(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Money Data Type
Date: 1998-06-03 16:55:21
Lists: pgsql-sql

I am having a problem converting a data type of money to type float.
After 'greping' all the documentation directorys, I can't find a
reference to
"money", "Money", or "MONEY" but I know it's in there somewhere because
I have a money type (a mistake I now realize) in my database.

How do I convert from type money to type float and back?

float4(moneyfield) gives me a huge number (something e+09). I get
similar
results with float8, float, and even int4().

Thanks in advance.

Len Morgan