Re: Issue with configuration parameter "require_auth"

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Gaisford, Phillip" <phillip(dot)gaisford(at)hpe(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Issue with configuration parameter "require_auth"
Date: 2024-07-17 17:11:26
Lists: pgsql-general

"Gaisford, Phillip" <phillip(dot)gaisford(at)hpe(dot)com> writes:
> So what would a connection URI using require_auth properly look like? Here’s what I have been trying:

> url: "postgres://postgres:postgres(at)localhost:5432/aioli?require_auth=password&application_name=aioli-controller&sslmode=disable&sslrootcert=",

Hm, that looks right (and behaves as-expected here).

What version of what client-side stack are you using? For me, libpq 16
and up recognize this parameter, while older versions fail with

psql: error: invalid URI query parameter: "require_auth"

If you're using some other client driver, maybe it doesn't know this
parameter and guesses that it should be passed to the server.