Re: [HACKERS] 64 bit version on Solaris 7...

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Matthew C(dot) Aycock" <matt(at)mathcs(dot)emory(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] 64 bit version on Solaris 7...
Date: 1999-05-20 21:15:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Matthew C. Aycock" <matt(at)mathcs(dot)emory(dot)edu> writes:
> I have been able to hack enough to get it to bulild and install, but when
> trying to connect with psql over unix domain socket, the server does not know
> that it is a local connection and says there is no pg_hba.conf entry.

Sounds like you need to trace through src/backend/libpq/hba.c and figure
out why it's failing to match the hba.conf entry. Probably some silly
little bit of machine-dependent coding, but I don't see it offhand...
shouldn't be too hard to narrow it down with a debugger attached to the
postmaster process, however.