on patch for close_ps() func. in geo_ops.c

From: Gautam Thaker <gthaker(at)net-gate(dot)com>
To: lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu
Cc: hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, gthaker(at)net-gate(dot)com
Subject: on patch for close_ps() func. in geo_ops.c
Date: 1998-05-03 15:18:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Being a new comer to postgres hacking I am afraid
I did not test enough with regards to the previous patch I had sent
that attempted to fixthe "##" operator for point to a line segment.
My changes fixed the problems I had seen, but the
regression for geometry now fails with the error:

regression=> SELECT '' AS thirty, p.f1, l.s, p.f1 ## l.s AS closest
regression-> FROM LSEG_TBL l, POINT_TBL p;
PQexec() -- Request was sent to backend, but backend closed the channel
before responding.
This probably means the backend terminated abnormally before or
while processing the request.
regression=>

Clearly I have to do more testing and fixing. I will do so, do the
regression tests etc. before claiming to fix anything. Sorry about this
folks, I am new to this and apologize for my mistakes.

Gautam