Find and replace

From: "Campbell, Lance" <lance(at)illinois(dot)edu>
To: "pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Find and replace
Date: 2019-09-11 20:24:07
Lists: pgsql-sql

PostgreSQL 10.x

I don’t know the best way to do this. I need to do a find and replace in text fields. The value I need to find and replace may occur more than once in each field per record.

The value I am trying to match on:
Starts with a single { .
Ends with a single } .
In between these brackets can be the characters 0-9, a-z, A-Z, hyphens and underscores. But no spaces. These characters could be in any order.
The replacement value on a match is the same as what was found except for double {{ at the beginning and double }} at the end. Same values between the brackets as what was matched on.

Example:
{ab_1D3-4} becomes {{ab_1D3-4}}

Thanks for helping me with this.

Lance Campbell