Re: [HACKERS] Developer setup, what works?

From: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: scrappy(at)hub(dot)org, dg(at)illustra(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Developer setup, what works?
Date: 1998-04-06 14:37:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > ... I couldn't figure out how CVSup
> > and cvs could be used together on my machine!
> OK, now I am confused. Why would you use cvs on your local machine?
> I just use cvsup to download the most recent code, and log into
> postgresql.org to use cvs to update my changes. After the 'cvs
> update', I run cvsup again to re-sync my local source with the current
> tree.
>
> What am I missing?

I _think_ what this will do is allow me to do my CVSup any time I want,
then do "cvs update ..." on my local machine. Working changes I have
made _won't_ get erased (as they do when you work directly in your CVSup
target area), but rather cvs will show them as modified. It may be that
I _only_ want the cvs repository, and then can set my local CVSROOT to
point at it.

Will let you know; I've got the cvs repository downloaded now...

- Tom