Re: pgEdit public beta for Macintosh and Windows

From: John DeSoi <desoi(at)pgedit(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Jim Seymour <jseymour(at)linxnet(dot)com>
Subject: Re: pgEdit public beta for Macintosh and Windows
Date: 2004-11-19 12:40:34
Lists: pgsql-general

On Nov 19, 2004, at 7:13 AM, Jim Seymour wrote:

>> It does
>> not use Java ...
> [snip]
>
> This is supposed to be an advantage?

Absolutely. The situation on Linux and Windows may be better, but it is
immediately obvious on the Mac when a GUI application uses Java rather
than the native Cocoa API. And then there is the slow startup time and
huge memory requirements.

> Ah well, I don't use Mac or Windows, so I guess we're even ;).

I hope to do a Linux in the near future, so I'll be looking forward to
your feedback :).

Best,

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/