Upgrading to 9.0 on Mac OS X

From: Maximilian Tyrtania <lists(at)contactking(dot)de>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Upgrading to 9.0 on Mac OS X
Date: 2011-02-13 17:57:22
Lists: pgsql-general

Just upgraded my 8.4.2 installation to 9.0.3 on Mac OS 10.6 using the Enterprise one-click installer. Everything went smoothly, except:

The installer asked me for the postgres password, but PG wouldn't accept it later on. I'm pretty sure i didn't mistype it. Have seen this a number of times on different machines. Had to change the password via the passwd utility. Anyone else seen this?

Maximilian Tyrtania Software-Entwicklung
Dessauer Str. 6-7
10969 Berlin
http://www.contactking.de