Re: Pg_restore and dump -- General question

From: salah jubeh <s_jubeh(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, "\)" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Pg_restore and dump -- General question
Date: 2011-04-04 11:25:25
Lists: pgsql-general

Most probably it is . I have just analysed the dependency for one level. and I
am planning to do the restore for also one level. i.e suppose that c-->b -->a
if I dropped a and turned out that a is used for some reasons, I will restore a
and b only without c.

I want to do that for the following reasons. If I restore the whole dependency
tree I might end up of restoring the database and the data which are newly
inserted will be lost. This situation is actually rare because most of the
entities are empty, I just want to make sure.