[Pljava-dev] Deployment Descriptor Problem

From: joshualross at gmail(dot)com (Joshua Ross)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Deployment Descriptor Problem
Date: 2006-10-16 19:00:35
Lists: pljava-dev

Ok, not ommitting the empty line corrected the manifest "reorganization"
that I was seeing when creating the jar. My manifest before jar creation:
> cat mainClass
Manifest-Version: 1.0

Name: deployment/VinDecoder.ddr
SQLJDeploymentDescriptor: TRUE

And inside the jar it is:
> jar xvf VinDecoder.jar META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
inflated: META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
> cat META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
Manifest-Version: 1.0
Created-By: 1.5.0_07 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)

Name: deployment/VinDecoder.ddr
SQLJDeploymentDescriptor: TRUE

However, my deployment descriptor still was not read/executed during
install. My deployment descriptor is:
> cat deployment/VinDecoder.ddr
SQLActions[] = {
"BEGIN INSTALL
CREATE FUNCTION getVinInfo(VARCHAR)
RETURNS VARCHAR
AS 'com.sg.vin.VinDecoder.getVinInfo(java.lang.String)'
LANGUAGE java;
END INSTALL",
"BEGIN REMOVE
DROP FUNCTION getVinInfo(VARCHAR);
END REMOVE"
}

I am expecting to see something about it in the console when I install the
jar but I don't. The results of the installation are shown below:

-- Executing query:
select sqlj.install_jar('file:/home/jross/VinDecoder/VinDecoder.jar',
'VinDecoder', true);

Total query runtime: 297 ms.
1 rows retrieved.

After adding the classpath if I try to execute the function it does not
exist and I get this error message.

ERROR: function getvininfo(character varying) does not exist
SQL state: 42883
Hint: No function matches the given name and argument types. You may need to
add explicit type casts.

I think I have everything correct per our previous emails so I am still
confused why this deployment descriptor will not work. Do I need to use a
different jar creator?

Thanks!
-Joshua-