[Pljava-dev] Deployment Descriptor Problem

From: joshualross at gmail(dot)com (Joshua Ross)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Deployment Descriptor Problem
Date: 2006-10-09 15:18:01
Lists: pljava-dev

Hi Markus,
Thanks for the help and suggestions!

Ok, changed my mainfest to:
> cat mainClass
Mainifest-Version: 1.0

Name: deployment/VinDecoder.ddr
SQLJDeploymentDescriptor: TRUE
Main-Class: VinDecoderTest

I tested this and it failed to read/execute my DeploymentDescriptor file.
So I started double checking some things and I found that if I extract the
manifest from the JAR it seems Java automatically puts those headers into
the manifest during packaging:
> jar xvf VinDecoder.jar META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
inflated: META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
> cat META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
Manifest-Version: 1.0
Created-By: 1.5.0_07 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)
Main-Class: VinDecoderTest
SQLJDeploymentDescriptor: TRUE
Mainifest-Version: 1.0
Name: deployment/VinDecoder.ddr

What isn't very good here is that the order in which the Name and
SQLJDeploymentDescriptor are listed. So I updated the manifest in the file
to be like this(including blank line at the end of the file):
Manifest-Version: 1.0
Created-By: 1.5.0_07 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)
Main-Class: VinDecoderTest
SQLJDeploymentDescriptor: TRUE
Name: deployment/VinDecoder.ddr

And then updated the manifest in the jar file:
> jar uvmf META-INF/MANIFEST.MF VinDecoder.jar
updated manifest

This still failed to correctly read/execute my DeploymentDescriptor file.
:(

I tried several different variations on the manifest file and could not get
this to work. Help!?

Thanks,
-Joshua-