Re: PostgreSQL vs mySQL, any performance difference for large queries?

From: Alex Turner <armtuk(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Jan <janoleolsen(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL vs mySQL, any performance difference for large queries?
Date: 2005-10-24 21:26:26
Lists: pgsql-general

I would ask you to ask the reverse question, why would you use MySQL when it
still doesn't contain all the features of postgresql, has a bad query
optimizer, a poor track record on scalability and will silenty
truncate/accept invalid data, invalidating ACID, not only that you have to
pay for it.

Why would you use MySQL?

Alex