Need help on triggers - postgres 9.1.2

From: Khangelani Gama <kgama(at)argility(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Need help on triggers - postgres 9.1.2
Date: 2014-05-21 09:54:39
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi

I have a postgres 9 database, inside this database I need to create a new
table called *center_changed* that gets inserted by any change that take
place in a table called *center*. So I need to create trigger to do this.

*Example: *

Table name*: center*(c_cde, c_dsc, ops_cde, grp_cde);

Now on the table called *center , *I need to create an INSERT and UPDATE
trigger will insert the *c_cde * of the inserted or updated *center* into
the *center_changed* table

Please help me

I have this syntax below, but please help me with the overall query.

CREATE TRIGGER check_center

BEFORE INSERT OR UPDATE

ON *cente*r FOR EACH ROW

EXECUTE PROCEDURE check_center_changes();

Thanks

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
The contents of and attachments to this e-mail are intended for the addressee only, and may contain the confidential
information of Argility (Proprietary) Limited and/or its subsidiaries. Any review, use or dissemination thereof by anyone
other than the intended addressee is prohibited.If you are not the intended addressee please notify the writer immediately
and destroy the e-mail. Argility (Proprietary) Limited and its subsidiaries distance themselves from and accept no liability
for unauthorised use of their e-mail facilities or e-mails sent other than strictly for business purposes.