Re: Json:- Accepting 'integer' value

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: shaurya jain <12345shaurya(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Json:- Accepting 'integer' value
Date: 2021-07-13 19:10:15
Lists: pgsql-general

shaurya jain <12345shaurya(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> But while we checking the same thing in Oracle it doesn't accept this. Is
> it an issue with Postgres data type?

I'd call it an issue with Oracle.

We follow RFC 7159, which specifies that "bare" scalars (numbers,
strings, booleans) are valid JSON values. I see though that it
says

A JSON text is a serialized value. Note that certain previous
specifications of JSON constrained a JSON text to be an object or an
array.

so apparently Oracle is following some obsolete version of the spec.