Re: Issue on restore / recover

From: flumbador(at)virgilio(dot)it
To: Rui DeSousa <rui(dot)desousa(at)icloud(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Issue on restore / recover
Date: 2018-01-12 10:40:25
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

I want to show that postgresql, while is recovering the database applying the WAL file, don't raise any error if it can't find a missing file. It continue the recovery that end successfully. I know that the source of the problem is that I have to guarantee that the backup is complete and consistent but it sound me strange that postgresql don't signal any errors when it can't find a file .... I hope that is clear the scope of the testcase.

Thanks & Regards

Gabriele