Re: printing PGresult content with gdb

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: clipperDB(at)gmx(dot)fr
Cc: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: printing PGresult content with gdb
Date: 2024-07-03 15:55:01
Lists: pgsql-general

clipperDB(at)gmx(dot)fr writes:
> I don't know if it is the right mailing list, but i was
> wondering if one could introspect via gdb the content of PGresult.

You might have better luck with that if you install the debuginfo
RPM corresponding to your libpq RPM. PGresult's innards are not
exposed to applications by libpq-fe.h, so your own app's debug
data is not going to contain the details of the struct. But I think
it would be available to gdb if libpq's debug symbols were installed.