Re: Auto-analyse vs manual analyze

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Mai Peng <maily(dot)peng(at)webedia-group(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Auto-analyse vs manual analyze
Date: 2020-12-08 17:11:43
Lists: pgsql-admin

Mai Peng <maily(dot)peng(at)webedia-group(dot)com> writes:
> Is there a difference between an autoanalyze and a manual analyze ?

autoanalyze runs with a restrictive search_path setting.

> I got an error when I simply select from a function

This suggests that your function isn't being sufficiently careful
to schema-qualify names it uses. (If you don't want to change the
function text, adding a SET clause to force the desired search_path
would work, though it does carry a bit of performance penalty.)