Re: "repliation" as database name

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: "repliation" as database name
Date: 2018-12-26 17:59:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp> writes:
> I found that in the documentation thanks to a notification
> off-list. And after some reconfirmation, what I want to fix is
> only a few lines of comment in pg_hba.conf.sample.

> -# database name, or a comma-separated list thereof. The "all"
> -# keyword does not match "replication". Access to replication
> -# must be enabled in a separate record (see example below).
> +# database name, or a comma-separated list thereof. The "all" keyword
> +# matches all databases. The "replication" keyword matches a physical
> +# replication connection request and it must be enabled in a separate
> +# record (see example below)

Hm, I agree that the para doesn't read very well now, but I think this
could be improved further. How about something like

# DATABASE can be "all", "sameuser", "samerole", "replication", a
# database name, or a comma-separated list thereof. The "replication"
# keyword matches replication connection requests (see example below).
# The "all" keyword matches all database names, but not replication
# connections.