Re: UUIDs & Clustered Indexes

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Luke Gordon <gordysc(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: UUIDs & Clustered Indexes
Date: 2016-08-30 14:40:15
Lists: pgsql-general

Luke Gordon <gordysc(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> PS I attempted to reply to the above thread, but downloading the "raw" link
> resulted in a basic auth challenge. If I entered my mailing list
> credentials, I'd just get rechallenged with basic auth...

BTW, so far as that goes: it's just a weak anti-bot measure.
If you try it in Firefox you'll get an explanation:

A username and password are being requested by
https://www.postgresql.org. The site says: "Please authenticate
with user archives and password antispam"

Unfortunately, we've found that most other browsers don't present that
message :-(