Re: Remove or weaken hints about "effective resolution of sleep delays is 10 ms"?

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
To: Merlin Moncure <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Remove or weaken hints about "effective resolution of sleep delays is 10 ms"?
Date: 2016-02-16 07:59:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On February 16, 2016 3:09:16 AM GMT+01:00, Merlin Moncure
>I guess we should probably explain what is actually happening, namely
>that the precise sleep duration is delegated to the operating system
>scheduler which may cause the process to sleep longer than requested.

In not really seeing why: This is reference documentation about config parameters and such, not an OS development guide. Additionally most of these parameters actually aren't get sensitive about slightly increased sleep times/timeouts.

Andres

---
Please excuse brevity and formatting - I am writing this on my mobile phone.