DBD::Pg PPM?

From: "David E(dot) Wheeler" <david(at)justatheory(dot)com>
To: "ppm(at)listserv(dot)ActiveState(dot)com <ppm(at)listserv(dot)ActiveState(dot)com>" <ppm(at)listserv(dot)ActiveState(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: DBD::Pg PPM?
Date: 2013-02-26 22:56:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello ActiveStaters,

I see that the DBD::Pg build always fails:

http://code.activestate.com/ppm/DBD-Pg/

I'm sure this is because PostgreSQL is not installed on any of the PPM build boxes (smokers?). DBD::mysql, on the other hand, builds fine (most of the time):

http://code.activestate.com/ppm/DBD-mysql/

Would it be possible to adapt whatever was done for DBD::mysql to allow DBD::Pg to be built? I assume it means that PostgreSQL needs to be installed, or at least its include files and libraries.

I've Cc'd pgsql-hackers, as its denizens can provide feedback on what might be needed. There might also be something worth poaching from the abandoned "DBD-Pg PPM Binaries" project.

http://pgfoundry.org/projects/dbdpgppm/

Thanks,

David