Implement timestamp pseudotype

From: rsmogura <rsmogura(at)softperience(dot)eu>
To: Pgsql general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Implement timestamp pseudotype
Date: 2011-02-17 13:37:54
Lists: pgsql-general

In order to implement sending in binary mode timestamps with / without
timezone I want to create pseudo type. Driver should create this
autmaticly, if it will have enough permissions. What method should I
implement?

1) Of course cast to timestamp, date, time with / without time zone,
in, out, send, recv.
2) Any other methods are required or desired, I mean comparison
operators, etc?

Kind regards,
Radek