Re: LLVM strip -x fails

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: Palle Girgensohn <girgen(at)pingpong(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Subject: Re: LLVM strip -x fails
Date: 2023-04-20 16:43:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Afaict the only safe thing to use when stripping static libs is
> -g/--strip-debug.

The previous complaint about this [1] suggested we use --strip-unneeded
for all cases with GNU strip, same as we've long done for shared libs.
It's an easy enough change, but I wonder if anyone will complain.

regards, tom lane

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/17898-5308d09543463266%40postgresql.org