Re: BUG #14526: no unique or exclusion constraint matching the ON CONFLICT

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>
Cc: Tiago Babo <tiago(dot)babo(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #14526: no unique or exclusion constraint matching the ON CONFLICT
Date: 2017-02-07 23:57:20
Lists: pgsql-bugs

btw ... not relevant to this particular complaint, but I notice that
infer_arbiter_indexes will accept an index that is indisvalid and
indisunique, but should it be checking indimmediate as well? That is,
does the ON CONFLICT code work if the uniqueness checks are deferred?
I could not find any regression tests exercising such a case.