Centos 5 postgis2_92 packages

From: Michael Harris <michael(dot)harris(at)ericsson(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-pkg-yum(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-pkg-yum(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Centos 5 postgis2_92 packages
Date: 2014-10-16 07:10:15
Lists: pgsql-pkg-yum

Hi Packagers,

First up - many thanks for the fantastic job you're doing in providing the community with these packages!

We have some databases on Centos 5 / Postgresql 9.2, which we want to install postgis on. We aren't able to upgrade to 9.3 just now.

The most recent version of postgis2_92 for Centos 5 seems to be 2.0.6. This RPM does not appear to be usable for us - for one thing is seems to be missing the extension control files.

There are more recent versions for Centos 5 / Postgres 9.3 (2.1.7) or Centos 6 / Postgres 9.2 (2.1.4).

Was there some particular reason for this (ie. missing libraries, library version conflicts, etc)? Or is it just a case of that combination being considered too old to support?

Thanks in advance,
Mike Harris