Re: 7.3.3 behaving differently on OS X 10.2.6 and FreeBSD

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: culley harrelson <culley(at)fastmail(dot)fm>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 7.3.3 behaving differently on OS X 10.2.6 and FreeBSD
Date: 2003-08-09 03:29:42
Lists: pgsql-general

culley harrelson <culley(at)fastmail(dot)fm> writes:
> DeJuan Jackson wrote:
>> I have a suspicion that the version might be different.

> They really are the same versions.

Either they're not the same version, or the table schemas are different
between the two installations, or there's a bug that we need to fix.
There is no fourth possibility. Accordingly, I want to pursue this
until we understand it. For starters, what was the *exact* error
message you got, from exactly what input query, and how did you change
the query to avoid it? And please show us \d info for all the relevant
tables from both installations.