Re: [Solved] Corrupt indexes on slave when using pg_bulkload on master

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: James Cowell <jcowell(at)btinternet(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [Solved] Corrupt indexes on slave when using pg_bulkload on master
Date: 2013-01-09 21:51:49
Lists: pgsql-general

James Cowell <jcowell(at)btinternet(dot)com> writes:
> But pg_bulkload only puts the index updates into WAL if you also have
>
> archive_mode = on
>
> I guess it needs to test wal_level rather than archive mode now? It looks like changes to the project have been minimal for some time, which is a shame because it's a very useful tool.

Oh, the code in question is in pg_bulkload not the backend? Yeah, it
sounds like it hasn't tracked some core-code changes. In particular
you might point the author at
http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git&a=commitdiff&h=40f908bdcdc726fc11912cd95dfd2f89603d1f37#patch10
which shows how it needs to be done in 9.0 and later.