A database on the Macintosh and Windows

From: Paul van Erk <paul(at)vanerk(dot)demon(dot)nl>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: A database on the Macintosh and Windows
Date: 1998-11-26 16:21:27
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

With 10 fellow students I am working on a software project. We have to
make an application for a customer. This application has to do work with a
databases and the customer will buy the database we wanna use.
The application has to work on a Macintosh and on a Windows system. That
was the reason to write the application in JAVA (it is some sort of
catalogue for musea). The application also
has to work stand-alone, so the database has to be available on both
platforms. For the communication we want to use SQL, so we have to use
JDBC.

Is PstgreSQL a good produkt for us?

Thanx,

Paul van Erk
paul(at)vanerk(dot)demon(dot)nl
* Paul van Erk (Skyrider) *
* *
* email: paul(at)vanerk(dot)demon(dot)nl (preferred) *
* peerk(at)cs(dot)ruu(dot)nl *
* *
* WWW: Not online yet *
* *
* Het was heel gezellig, onwijs doei en we mailen!!!! *